Data protection policy
Data protection policy of Robert Bosch LLC
What personal information do we collect?
We collect various types of information about our users in connection with the services or products provided through the Partner Poral (collectively, the “Services”), including:
- Information we collect directly from you (i.e., when given by you);
- Information we collect indirectly from you (i.e., collected when you use the Partner Poral or Services); and
- Information we obtain from third-party sources.
We also may collect information in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Why do we collect personal information and how is it used?
1. Fulfilling or meeting the reason you provided the information.
2. Technical administration of Bosch and Bosch affiliate websites and/or services.
3. Maintaining the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
4. User/customer administration (like registration and creation of a user account/contact data) review and/or reports.
5. Administering, maintaining, personalizing and improving Bosch and Bosch affiliates’ products and services, including, without limitation, to authenticate users, process payments, provide requested services, provide optional additional services and to develop new features, products and/or services.
6. Providing customer service.
7. Responding to submitted inquiries and customer service requests and other questions and/or comments.
8. For the U.S., this data may be used for marketing and analytic purposes.
9. Compliance with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
10. Subject to your choice general service- and function-related user data.
Bosch will not collect or use personal information for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice (or obtaining your consent, where required by applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction).
Is personal information shared or disclosed?
Bosch may share your information with:
- Bosch affiliated entities,
- service providers, vendors, consultants, suppliers, licensors, marketing, partners and other partners and entities performing work on Bosch’s behalf, as follows:
- relevant authorities in accordance with, and as Bosch deems required, necessary and/or appropriate by, or in connection with, applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process
What are the risks?
- Bosch security measures are being continuously improved in accordance with the state of technological developments, however, absolute protection is not possible. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information posted or transmitted using the Partner Poral .
What else should you know?
- Your personal information will be stored in Germany and accessible to service providers, employees that need to have access to fulfill the service.
- In some circumstances, you also may have a right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal data (e.g., pursuant to local law).
The protection of your privacy is an important concern to which we pay special attention. We process Personal Information collected during your visit to the Partner Portal and use of Services in compliance with this Notice and all applicable laws and regulations. Data protection and information security are part of Bosch corporate policy.
Notice to Canadian Users: Please note that by using the Partner Portal and/or voluntarily providing your Personal Information to us, as applicable, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Notice. If you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Information in accordance with this Notice, please do not access or continue to use the Partner Portal or otherwise provide any Personal Information to us.
This Notice covers our treatment of (1) personally identifiable information, as defined by numerous statutes in the United States ( “PII Laws”), (2) personal information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and (3) personal information, as defined by Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and any applicable substantially similar provincial legislation (“Canadian Privacy laws”) (collectively, “Personal Information”) which we gather when you are accessing, viewing, completing, or using the Partner Poral or our Services.
III. Collection of Personal Information
The Partner Portal has collected the following Personal Information from users of the Bosch Partner Portal within the last twelve (12) months:
Bosch will continue to collect the Personal Information described above. If any additional Personal Information is collected by Bosch, we will provide any required notice(s), and where applicable obtain any required consent(s), in accordance with applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction.
IV. Sources of Personal Information.
Bosch collects Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
1) Directly from you.
For example, when given by you or collected from you thorough your access to and/or use of the Partner Portal/or the Services, in context of [registering an account, subscribing to or purchasing our Services or when you contact customer support or otherwise interact or communicate with Bosch, its agents, representatives, suppliers, vendors or consultants through the Partner Portal. This information may include, without limitation, your [first and last name, contact details, phone number and e-mail address and any other information you choose to provide us.For example, when given by you or collected from you thorough your access to and/or use of the Partner Portal/or the Services, in context of [registering an account, subscribing to or purchasing our Services or when you contact customer support or otherwise interact or communicate with Bosch, its agents, representatives, suppliers, vendors or consultants through the Partner Portal. This information may include, without limitation, your first and last name, contact details, phone number, BOSCH ID, e-mail address, password, company name, company’s address, company’s country, company phone number, your role at approval time and any other information you choose to provide us.
2) Indirectly from you.
For example, from observing your use of the Partner Portal and/or the Services, or services related thereto. The following data may be collected automatically: pages viewed, files downloaded (downloads), individual links clicked, search words or search phrases (site search), duration of visit, browser used, device data (e.g., unique device identifier, MAC address, IP address, serial number, hardware model, hardware identifier network information and operating system and version, hardware ID, computer name, OEM dongle ID), and other relevant details and/or information. If the visit is a result of online advertising such as banners, video ads, search engine advertising, etc., Bosch or its agents, representatives, suppliers, vendors or consultants may record which banner, adword, etc. motivated or assisted with the visit to Partner Portal.
V. Use of Personal Information and purpose specification
Bosch may use your Personal Information for the purpose of:
1) Fulfilling or meeting the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a Service, we will use that information to facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders. When services that are subject to a charge are booked, payment processing data are collected and processed exclusively and directly by the app store operators for devices with the Android and iOS operating systems.
2) Technical administration of Bosch and Bosch affiliate websites, mobile applications and/or services.
3) Maintaining the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
4) Customer, vendor, licensor and/or supplier administration, review and/or reports.
5) Administering, maintaining, personalizing and improving Bosch and Bosch affiliates’ mobile applications, products and services, including, without limitation, to authenticate users, process payments, provide requested services, provide optional additional services and to develop new features, products and/or services.
6) User/customer administration (like registration and creation of a user account/contact data), review and/or reports. Users have to register in order to use our services. The personal information you provide when registering and using our services includes your name, contact details, and your email address and password. We need this information for identification purposes and to provide our services and also to communicate and respond to and manage your requests. You can choose to submit reviews on our platform. Reviews are submitted on a voluntary basis. To submit a review, you must log in to your account and provide a review text. Your review will be sent to our customer service along with your name. If we actively solicit a review by e-mail, you must explicitly confirm this service during the registration process. Reviews are solicited to provide quality assurance for our platform and the transparency of the services on our Application for other users. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time. Please use the link provided in the relevant mail or change the settings in your account.
7) Responding to submitted inquiries and customer service requests and other questions and/or comments.
8) For the U.S., this data may be used for marketing and analytic purposes.
9) Compliance with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
10) Evaluating or conducting a merger, sale of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of any Bosch business, asset or opportunity by, with or into another business, entity or company.
Bosch will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice (or obtaining your consent, where required by applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction).
VI. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information.
Bosch may use, store, compile, manipulate, share and disclose your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes stated above. Your Personal Information is shared with the following third parties:
1) Bosch affiliated entities, including Bosch’s parent company in Germany, Robert Bosch GmbH, to leverage shared services and improve our Services;
2) Bosch third party service providers, vendors, consultants, suppliers, licensors, marketing partners and other partners and entities performing work on Bosch’s behalf, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, data analytics companies, marketing service companies, list managers and delivery companies;
3) Our newsletters and TMS Messages are sent using an e-mail marketing software of the provider Optimizely GmbH, Wallstraße 16, 10179 Berlin (“Optimizely”). The e-mail addresses of the recipients of our newsletters, as well as their other data described in this notice, are located on Optimizely's servers in data centres in Germany and are subject to the data protection laws applicable there. Optimizely uses this information to send and evaluate the newsletter on our behalf. Furthermore, Optimizely can use this data to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. to technically optimize the sending and the presentation of the newsletters. However, Optimizely does not use the data of the recipients of our newsletters to write to them itself or to pass them on to third parties. The security concept for Optimizely's email marketing cloud Optimizely Campaign is certified according to ISO 27001. For more information, please visit.
4) Relevant authorities in accordance with, and as Bosch deems required, necessary and/or appropriate by, or in connection with, applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process.
By accessing and/or using the Bosch Partner Portal or the Services, you consent to the above uses and sharing of your Personal Information in accordance with this Notice.
VII. Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information – Past 12 Months
1) Disclosure of Personal Information.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Bosch has not disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose.
2) Sales of Personal Information.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Bosch has not sold Personal Information for a business purpose. We do not sell your Personal Information for a business purpose to third parties.
VIII. Use of the third-party analytics tools.
We use Google Tag Manager, a service of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, (Google Tag Manager) in our Partner Portal to Administration of website tags via a user interface and integration of program codes on our websites.
IX. International Data Transfer
X. Children’s Privacy
Bosch does not knowingly collect or use any personal Information from online visitors under the age of 16. Bosch does not knowingly allow visitors under the age of 16 to participate in any promotions or contests made available on Bosch Application from time to time.
XI. California “Shine the Light” Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine The Light” law permits those Bosch customers who are residents of California to annually request a list of their Personal Information (if any) that Bosch disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. At this time, Bosch currently does not share any Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
XII. Use of links to affiliated sites
The Partner Portal may contain links to other Bosch sites (“Affiliated Sites”). The Partner Portal provides these links only as a convenience. Your use of these Affiliated Sites and any related services are outside the scope of this Notice and is governed by the Notices and any other terms referred to or located on such Affiliated Sites.
XIII. Use of external links
Bosch takes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your data collected by Bosch through this Bosch Application is protected against tampering, loss, destruction, access by unauthorized persons or unauthorized disclosure. Bosch security measures are being continuously improved in accordance with the state of technological developments, however, absolute protection is not possible.
When you register with Bosch, you are required to create a username and password. You must not share this access information with anyone else as you are personally responsible for any information transmitted while logged in with your username and password. We disclaim any and all liability for any information transmitted due to an unauthorized log in.
In the context of our online service, cookies and tracking mechanisms may be used. Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your device when visiting our online service. Tracking is possible using different technologies. In particular, we process information using pixel technology and/or during log file analysis.
We distinguish between cookies that are mandatorily required for the technical functions of the online service and such cookies and tracking mechanisms that are not mandatorily required for the technical function of the online service.
It is generally possible to use the online service without any cookies that serve non-technical purposes.
1.1 Technically required cookies
By technically required cookies we mean cookies without those the technical provision of the online service cannot be ensured. These include e.g. cookies that store data to ensure smooth reproduction of video or audio footage.
Such cookies will be deleted when you leave the website.
1.2 Technically not necessary mechanisms
We distinguish between two sub-categories with regard to these cookies and tracking mechanisms:
1.2.1 Marketing cookies
By using marketing cookies and tracking mechanisms we and our partners are able to show you offerings based on your interests, resulting from an analysis of your user behavior:
By using statistical tools, we measure e.g. the number of your page views.
Please note that using the tools might include transfer of your data to recipients outside of the EEA where there is no adequate level of data protection pursuant to the GDPR (e.g. the USA). For more details in this respect please refer to the following description of the individual marketing tools:
Name: Google Analytics
Provider: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Function: Analysis of user behavior (page retrievals, number of visitors and visits, downloads)
Name: Google Tag Manager
Provider: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Function: Administration of website tags via a user interface, integration of program codes on our websites
1.3 Management of cookies and tracking mechanisms
You can manage your cookie and tracking mechanism settings in the browser and/or our privacy settings.
Note: The settings you have made refer only to the browser used in each case.
1.3.1 Deactivation of all cookies
If you wish to deactivate all cookies, please deactivate cookies in your browser settings. Please note that this may affect the functionality of the website.
1.3.2 Management of your settings with regard to cookies and tracking mechanisms not required technically
When visiting our websites, you will be asked in a cookie layer whether you consent to our using of any marketing cookies or tracking mechanisms, respectively.
In our privacy settings, you may withdraw the consent with effect for the future or grant your consent at a later point in time.
XVI. International Users
XVII. Rights of California “consumers” relating to Personal Information collected by Bosch
Individuals which fall within the definition of a “consumer” under the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act. You have the following rights relating to your Personal Information collected by Bosch.
1) Right to access specific information and data portability rights
You have the right to request that Bosch discloses certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see below, How to Exercise Your Rights), we will disclose to you:
a. The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
b. The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
c. Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
d. The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
e. The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
2) Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Bosch delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
a. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
i. Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
ii. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
iii. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
iv. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
v. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
vi. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
vii. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
viii. Comply with a legal obligation.
ix. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
XVIII. Your Rights – Canadians
Individuals located in Canada have certain rights pursuant to Canadian Privacy Laws. Subject to certain exceptions and limitations, and depending upon the jurisdiction where you reside, such rights may include:
a. The right to withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information.
b. The right to be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information, and to be provided with an account of the use that has been made or is being made of this information as well as the third parties to which it has been disclosed (including a list of organizations to which your information may have disclosed).
c. The right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information, and have it amended, updated or rectified as appropriate.
d. The right to acquire information about Bosch’s policies and practices with respect to Personal Information, including: a description of the type of personal information held by Bosch and a general account of its use; a copy of any brochures or other information that explain our policies, standards, or codes; and information about what Personal Information is shared with or accessible to our affiliates.
e. The right to challenge Bosch’s compliance with the applicable Canadian Privacy Laws.
XIX. How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please submit a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, to us by either:
Calling us at +1 248 876 1000.
To assert your rights please use the following link:
To notify data protection incidents please use the following link:
Only you (or in case of a California resident, an authorized agent authorized by you to act on your behalf – see Section XXII, Authorized Agent below for more information) may make a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. Your verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, must:
Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request or access request does not require you to create an account with us, but if you already have an account with us, you may be required to make your request through that account.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
XX. Response timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, within forty five (45) days of its receipt, or sooner where required by applicable law (including Canadian Privacy Laws). If we require more time (up 90 days), where permitted by applicable law, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide in response to a verifiable consumer request will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt, unless otherwise required by applicable law. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
For data portability requests, where applicable, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
XXI. Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your Personal Information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). Furthermore, where required by applicable law in the relevant jurisdiction, we will obtain your consent prior to selling your Personal Information. We do not sell the Personal Information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to Personal Information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you may submit a request to us via this email link.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize Personal Information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Information sales at any time by submitting a request to us via this email link.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
XXII. Authorized Agent
As a California resident you may also exercise your request to know or request to delete through an authorized agent. When you submit your request through an authorized agent we require that you:
1. Provide us a copy of your written permission for the authorized agent to submit the applicable request; and
2. Verify your own identity directly with us.
The foregoing does not apply when you have provided your authorized agent with a power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465; provided, that we may require a copy of such power of attorney before fulfilling any request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not: (a) deny you goods or services; (b) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (c) provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or (d) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
XXIV. Filing a Complaint
Regulatory authorities that oversee the privacy laws and regulations, including the , advise individuals to file an objection or challenge with the relevant company before lodging a formal complaint with a regulatory authority. If you are dissatisfied with Bosch’s response to an objection or challenge filed under Article XX above, or you if wish to file a complaint with a regulatory authority first, you may do so as follows:
Under PIPEDA: You may file a complaint with the . Depending upon the province where you live, you may also (or instead) have the right to file a complaint with the applicable provincial privacy commissioner/regulator.
Under PII Laws: You may file a complaint with the relevant state’s Attorney General’s office.
Under the CCPA: You may file a complaint with the California Attorney General’s Office. For additional information regarding consumer complaints against a business/company under the CCPA and to initiate the complaint process, please click on the .
The effective date of this Notice is August 29, 2022
Last modified: August 29, 2022
If incorrect information has been stored despite Bosch efforts to maintain correct and up-to-date data, Bosch will correct this upon your written request, sent to:
Robert Bosch LLC
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
You may also contact as follows:
Phone: +1 248 876 1000